Originally from Mexico, she lives in Los Angeles although she is a citizen of the world. Daniela Villegas is like a doll –petite and original, with beaming green eyes and beautiful lips that seem painted. Her hippy soul is topped by glamorous intelligence. I enjoy watching her every move as if she were a rebel little kitten –be it hanging from a tree branch or rubbing elbows with the upper classes at the exclusive fashion shows in Paris or Milan.
From the very first day that I set eyes on it, I have always admired her work; I am super proud of Dani and happy to see her succeed thanks to her innate talent and hard work. Her jewelry line is sold from Los Angeles to Paris, from Dubai to London… She has collaborated with brands like Ferragamo and magazines such as Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle and Marie Claire often feature her pieces as must-have fashion accessories. Her new designs of bird skeletons are, in my humble opinion, like miniature sculptures, small works of art that deserve to be made in large scale to be featured in a museum.
I have had the honor of collaborating with Dani on numerous occasions and, at times, as we are both nature lovers, we climb a mountain looking for inspiration while bringing each other up to date on what’s happening in our respective lives. A few days ago we went on a wonderful excursion around Malibu and I asked her to talk to me about L.A.… Here is what my very talented friend said:
– What does the city of Los Angeles mean to you?
– My home, my base, the city that gave me the platform to launch and make my dreams become reality.
– What do you like the most about the city?
– The pace of every day life and the blessing to be able to connect to nature at any moment.
– What do you like the most about its mountains?
– The silence and peace that one perceives from them.
– What do you like the most about its beaches?
– They remind me of my childhood with my family…
– If you had to define LA in only one word? Which would it be?
– If you were able to change only one thing about this city…what would it be?
– Nothing, I accept it exactly the way it is… I love LA.
Interview/Photos: Nunu para NUNUPICTURES
Translated by Wendell Figueroa
© All materials contained on this site are protected by copyright law. No part of this work may be reproduced in whole or in part in any manner without the permission of the copyright owner. For further information, please email the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org No part of the materials available through www.blogdelosangeles.com site may be copied, reproduced or translated to any media, in whole or in part, without prior written consent of www.nunupictures.com Any reproduction of this content in any form without the permission of BLOG DE LOS ANGELES is prohibited. Thank you.