Theodora Greece is the stage name of Princess Theodora of Greece, niece of the former King and Queen of Spain, Juan Carlos I and Sofía; first cousin of the current King, Felipe VI; and daughter of Constantine II of Greece and Anne Marie of Denmark. She recently enjoyed a few days in Rosarito during the filming of Little Boy, one of the movies that has enjoyed great success and acclaim in Mexico this year.
The film was directed by Alejandro Monteverde, born in Tamaulipas, Mexico, and written by him along with Pepe Portillo; both of them agreed enthusiastically to give Theo a role in the project, when she attended a casting call organized by their Los Angeles-based production company. Hers was a nice character in a touching film, sort of a story within a story. Regrettably, and due to time constraints in the development of the main plot, her on-screen presence was reduced to a few seconds in the final cut. However, Theodora, the princess actress name appears listed on the cast of the movie –which also include great actors Tom Wilkinson and Emily Watson. Little Boy will undoubtedly become a classic of Mexican cinema, both inside and outside of Mexico. It is now going to Europe, premiered in Spain Friday, October 30th.
– Theodora, How did you like being part of the movie “Little Boy”?
– I was very happy to be part of this project. It was the largest set on which I have worked so far. The Rosarito location, right by the beach, was beautiful and the crew and actors made it all the more special.
– What do you like the most about this movie?
– The message that if you believe in something with all your force, whatever it might be, you can achieve it.
– How was your stay in Mexico during filming?
– Too short! Only three days, but, obviously, it was very special and I will never forget it.
– Was it fun to see you dressed in period costumes during the fittings?
– I love the fashion and style of the forties, the looks of that era, so I had fun during the entire process. From the clothes to the hairstyles, I loved it all.
– You have returned to Mexico a few times after…. What do you like the most about the country?
– How warm and welcoming Mexican people are, the beauty of the landscapes… And what can one say about the food? It is simply fantastic!
– How is Hollywood treating you? Are you still enjoying life in LA?
– Absolutely, I am happy in California and enjoy working in everything that relates to acting.
– What excites you most about your career at the moment?
- More than anything, to continue learning. I love the idea of constantly improving and growing professionally. To discover new things about myself, and learning how to apply those life experiences to my acting.
– Would you like to direct one day?
– I recently had the opportunity to work as a director’s assistant in a play, The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams. It was something totally new for me as it was the first time that I got involved in directing. It is very different to be on the other side of the camera but I enjoyed it very much. In fact, in the process I learned a lot as an actress. I would not mind exploring the possibility of directing one day; however, there is no doubt that acting is my first love.
– Do you miss your family in Europe?
– Yes, of course I miss them but I talk with all of them very often. Being far away makes the times that I get to spend with them, when I visit, more special.
– How have you followed the arrival of Princess Charlotte in England?
– I am very happy for William and Katherine and the arrival of their daughter. In photos one can see that she is absolutely beautiful.
Photos/Interview: Nunu for Nunu Pictures
Translated by Wendell Figueroa
Special thanks to Michelle Czerninn and Jessica Kill
© All materials contained on this site are protected by copyright law. No part of this work may be reproduced in whole or in part in any manner without the permission of the copyright owner. For further information, please email the editor at email@example.com No part of the materials available through www.blogdelosangeles.com site may be copied, reproduced or translated to any media, in whole or in part, without prior written consent of www.nunupictures.com Any reproduction of this content in any form without the permission of BLOG DE LOS ANGELES is prohibited. Thank you.